Saturday 29 September 2012

Disconcerting imaginings...



Not sure what to write about today. We're still on holiday and i'm fully into relaxation mode. I've finished reading a book already and have cobbled together four blog posts. It normally happens this way though. I need a few days to properly decompress from the hustle & bustle but when decompression is complete I'm a world class relaxer. And when I'm relaxed, I get stuff done...

I had a disturbing time a couple of nights ago though. 
I had returned to bed after a 2am feed and as I tried to fall back asleep i began to have dark imaginings of my own demise. I was picturing myself suddenly and with no apparent reason falling out of bed and completely unable to breath. My twisted night thoughts even went so far as picturing my better half trying to attend to me in a distressed and panicked manner. 
Despite the traumatic thoughts I must have fallen asleep fairly soon afterwards waking up a good five hours later feeling suitably refreshed. One wonders about tired minds though?! 

(the pic is our Lulu also relaxing in front of the fire...)


No comments:

Post a Comment